Questions By CategoriesAll CategoriesAnimation / MultimediaAviation / Travel / HospitalityBanking / Finance / AccountsBBA / MBA / ManagementBCA / MCA / ComputersEngineering Fashion / Textile DesignLanguages / Arts / LiteratureMedia / Films / JournalismMedicine / Health CarePolitics / Law / HumanitiesProfessional / Vocational CoursesOthersSciences
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to IIT Roorkee for MCA is:
• Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/ at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system candidates.
The Joint Admission Test (JAM) for admission to MCA in IIT Roorkee includes:
• Minimum 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ ST & OBC)
• For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s)
• Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the minimum educational qualification as specified by the admitting institute
• All admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner (you may also have to undergo a physical fitness test)
Exam pattern of MCA for JAM IIT Roorkee
Objective Type questions will be applicable for Biotechnology and Computer Applications papers. These test papers have to be answered in an Objective Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening appropriate bubbles using black HB pencil. Since the ORS will be evaluated by electronic means, it is imperative that the instructions given on the ORS are carefully read and followed by the candidates.
All other test papers will be objective-cum-subjective type. There will be a “question-cum-answer booklet” for each of these six test papers. Answers to various questions are to be given at appropriate places in the “question-cum-answer booklet” itself. No supplementary sheet will be provided. In each of these six test papers, objective and subjective questions will carry weightages of 30% and 70%, respectively.
The objective type questions in all the test papers will have four choices as possible answers, of which, only one will be correct. There will be negative marking for wrong answers to the objective type questions in all the test papers. For wrong answer to an objective type question, candidates will get negative 1/3 (negative one third) of the maximum marks assigned to that question.
Good Luck !!
i m doing BCA i want to do MCA from iit roorkee plz guide me n tell me some more bst colleges..Posted by subhangini , Tue 25 Dec 2012