What do they do?
As a College Professor you will not only be responsible for taking lectures but will also be accountable for classroom management. You must develop evaluative measures to determine the student’s level of comprehension and conceptualisation. Not only this, but as a college professor you will be involved in various activities of college like elections, fests or any other inter/intra university programmes.
Typical day in the life of a College Professor
Pros & Cons about this career
- Plenty of leave and vacations Get to work with youth and build their skills for better No tension of meeting targets
- Job may get monotonous
Skills and Education needed
- Intellectual vitality
- High levels of self-motivation, especially to focus on research.
- A genuine interest and dedication in your discipline.
- Be innovative.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to reason and hold an argument on a topic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How do I get there?
After completing your Master in any subject you will have to appear for National Eligibility Test or NET conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for lectureship. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research holds the NET for life, physical, chemical, mathematical and earth atmospheric ocean & planetary sciences, jointly with the UGC.