What are hardware and networking courses?
Hardware and networking courses include the study of external devices, which make up a network that helps in the data processing and transfer. These courses impart knowledge about how data can be linked, supplied, and transferred with the help of hardware such as network interface cards, cables, switches, hubs, etc. Those who study hardware, learn about the maintenance of devices such as computers, modems, and CPUs. On the other hand, networking students study the process required to connect more than two computers.
Hardware and networking courses in India focus on the practical knowledge required in the industry so that professionals are well-equipped to deal with real-life challenges. Since computers and laptops are widely used in offices, colleges and at homes nowadays, the demand for hardware and networking professionals in this sector is increasing with each passing day.
Hardware and Networking Job Prospects:
As the IT industry is set to create as many as 10 million jobs in the coming years, there is a great demand for professionals who have pursued hardware and networking courses and also possess Cisco, Red Hat, and Microsoft certifications.
After completing hardware and networking courses, one can easily perform in the following job roles:
· System Engineer
· Network Engineer
· Technical Support
· System Administrator
· Network Administrator
· Network Support Technician
· Security Database Development
· IT Technician
· IT Administrator
· Network Programmer and Analyst
· IT Manager
· Chief Information Officer
· Project Leader
· Network Application Programmer
· Web/Multimedia Manager
Skill Sets Required for Hardware and Networking
You need to either have the following attributes before enrolling into or be ready to acquire the same while pursuing hardware and networking courses:
· Knowledge of computer hardware parts
· Knowledge of assembly and maintenance of computer parts
· Installing drivers and peripherals
· Maintaining servers and networks
· Installing and configuring LAN networks
· Installing and configuring DHCP client
· Data management, backup, and recovery
· Verbal and personal communication skills
· On the spot problem analysis
· Customer service skills
· Ability to organize workload and prioritize tasks
· Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
· Critical thinking skills
· Creative problem-solving abilities
· Hardware trouble shooting
Moreover, candidates who wish to pursue a career in hardware and networking should have knowledge of the basic mathematics, which is very important. In addition, they should have the working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.