Sher-e-Kashmir Univeristy of Agricultural Sciences & Techonology of KashmirAccredited by:
The college offers Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course.
- Course Detail:The college offers Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course. It is a five years duration full time degree programme.
- Course Duration:4 - 5 Years
- Admission Criteria:Candidates having passed 10+2/Higher Secondary Part II or equivalent from a recognized Board/University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate for open category and 40% marks for reserved category(ies).
Admission is made on the basis of merit drawn at Common Entrance Test conducted for each programme by the Board of Professional Entrance Examination, Government of Jammu & Kashmir. 50% of the seats are filled from open merit category and remaining 50% from various categories as defined in SRO-126 of Jammu & Kashmir Government.
- Course Detail:The college offers Master of Veterinary Science course in Animal Breeding and Genetics, Animal Nutrition, Animal Reproduction Gynecology and obstetrics, Livestock Products Technology, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Surgery and Radiology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Anatomy & Histology, Veterinary Bio-Chemistry. It is a four year degree programme.
- Course Duration:3 - 4 Years
- Admission Criteria:In case of M.F.Sc (Fisheries Sciences), the candidate must possess B.F.Sc. or B.Sc. with Industrial Fish/Fisheries. In respect of inservice candidates having Basic Degree in life Science (i.e. B.Sc. with Zoology) should have atleast 05 years experience in areas of Fishery Science. Only those candidates who have graduated from institutions/ Universities recognized by VCI/ICAR/UGC are eligible to apply.
Admissions are made by Government of Jammu & Kashmir on the basis of merit drawn at Common Entrance Test.
- Course Detail:The college offers Doctor of Philosophy course with specialization in Veterinary Surgery and Radiology, Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology, Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Pathology, Animal Breeding & Genetics. It is a five year research programme.
- Course Duration:4 - 5 Years
- Admission Criteria:The candidates must have passed Master's degree in the subject concerned with OGPA of 3.20 on 4.00 point scale or 7.25 on 10.00 point scale or 60% marks at Master's level in traditional system from an institute/University recognized by ICAR/UGC.
Admission to doctorate degree programme is presently restricted to two categories viz (i) inservice nominees of SKUAST-K and (ii) selection under open competition. Teachers of SKUAST-K are selected for the Doctorate Degree Programme to the extent of 50% seats of the intake capacity on the basis of seniority/suitability restricted to 15% of the strength in the Division/Discipline. Remaining 50% seats are filled by SKUAST-Kashmir on the basis of open competition. The merit obtained at qualifying examination viz. Masters Degree & viva-voce exam are taken into consideration.
Questions and Updates for Faculty of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology