I have completed my graduation in Science Stream, but I have one ATKT in 5th Semester, So am I eligible for DMLT course or not? Please Reply.

Follow
sarika photo

Started By sarika, 2 weeks, 6 days ago

Fresher

I have completed my graduation in Science Stream, but I have one ATKT in 5th Semester, So am I eligible for DMLT course or not? Please Reply.

1 comments

Dear Student,

According to your query, the Allowed To Keep Terms (ATKT) system is made for the students who have failed in 1 to 4 subjects of their studies in Graduation or pre-graduation so that they can continue their study in the upcoming semesters and clear their previous failed subjects before entering the next coming year. Now in your case, you can go for DMLT course but you have to clear the 5th semester before entering the DMLT course. This is the rule according to the ATKT which should be followed by each and every student.

DMLT (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician.):-  Medical Laboratory Technology is a branch of medical science responsible for performing laboratory investigations relating to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. With this course, the basic aim is to provide knowledge and training to the Students so that they can work in various lab settings.

Duration:-

• 2 years ( 4 semesters) course after 12th
    • 1 year (2 semesters) course after Graduation (B. Sc.)

Eligibility: After 12th

The Student should have passed XII Science or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with an aggregate of minimum 40 % marks. For reservation category (SC/ST/OBC) the aggregate of minimum 35% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology is required.

Students who have passed 10 +2 of CBSE or any other Board with Medical laboratory technology (as a vocational course) are also eligible.

After Graduation:- Graduation in Medical Lab Technology/ Microbiology/Biochemistry/ Clinical Pathology/basic science with an aggregate of 45 % marks For reservation category(SC/ST/OBC/Minority) the aggregate of minimum 40 % marks in graduation.

Apart from this, you can search more Information through below link:-

Click here to know about Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician Colleges in India.

Thanks

Posted By Neha, 2 weeks, 1 day ago | Reply Report