Choosing a course after doing 12th in humanities

Follow
Nidhi photo

Started By Nidhi, 2 years, 1 month ago

Fresher

I am interested in photography as a career, i am looking for a good reputed college of photography in india . Should i go for a diploma or a degree ? What are the prospects? Is this stream ideal at this time and has good future prospects? Or should i apply for mass communication since my parents say that covers many avenues?

1 comments

Hi,

If you have completed your 10+2, we suggest you for degree course in Photography. However, a diploma course is also good but after diploma, you still need to complete degree. So it better to opt degree course.

Here an overview of Photography

Photographers are skilled at capturing a still image which reveals a story. They render emotions to an image giving it the feel that they wish the image should portray. There are various kinds of Photography such as Wildlife photography, fashion photography, Industrial photography, food photography, Aerial photography and Scientific photography.

To become a success photographer, you must have following skills;

• Patience                                                      
    • Dedication                                        
    • Strong visual power to capture a subject
    • Attentiveness to color, shape and shadow

After completing this programme, you will get employment opportunities in the below mentioned fields-

• Magazine and newspaper publisher
    • Press and Publishing houses
    • Ad agencies
    • Industrial, medical institute
    • As Freelancers
    • With Commercial Photographer

Apart from this, Mass communication is a wide term and relates to fields like public relations, communication, advertisement and journalism, which can further be categorized into print, electronic and web journalism. The duration of the programme is three years. After completing this programme, you can make your career in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication. You can make your career in Reporting, Editing, Advertising, Public Relations, Corporate Communications.

Click here for Photography colleges in India

Thanks

Posted By Praveen, 2 years, 1 month ago | Reply Report