Could you please tell me Math and Science are compulsory subjects to become an IAS Officer.

Follow
Saisree photo

Started By Saisree, 2 weeks, 5 days ago

Fresher

I want to become an IAS Officer but I am not Interested in Math and Science, I have completed my 10th class. Could you please tell me Math and Science are compulsory subjects to become an IAS Officer.

3 comments

In Reply To: Amit

No it is not necessary to take math and science to become an ias officer. You should take humanities stream in class 12th
    Tnq
    Posted By Saisree, 1 week, 3 days ago | Reply Report
    No it is not necessary to take math and science to become an ias officer. You should take humanities stream in class 12th
    Posted By Amit, 1 week, 3 days ago | Reply Report

Dear Student,

Being a class 10th student, Its good that you have decided so early the goal want to achieve. There is no need to take any specific group in intermediate to become an IAS officer. You can pursue any stream of your interest in your Intermediate. Students who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. You should be in the age range of 21-32 years and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category students as per government rules to appear in IAS examination.

Thanks

Posted By Neha, 2 weeks ago | Reply Report