dear sir,i would like to go weapon can i full-fill my aim?now i am in 11th

thomas mathew photo

Started By thomas mathew, 4 years, 10 months ago


dear sir,i would like to go weapon can i full-fill my aim?now i am in 11th


  • 0

    Dear student,

    Weapons engineering is the design, development, testing and lifecycle management of military weapons and systems. It describe the knowledge of several traditional engineering disciplines, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, electro-optics, aerospace engineering, materials engineering, and chemical engineering.

    Institutes like Institute of Armament Technology, Pune, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, etc. are offering Masters level degree course M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Weapons).

    Eligibility: - You should have passed BE / B Tech in Mechanical / Production / Chemical / Material and Metallurgy / Electrical or equivalent from any recognised university with 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in the qualifying examination and valid UGC-CSIR NET certificate/GATE Score. Admission will be based on interview.

    So, you can do weapon engineering only at master level. After completing 12th class you can pursue B.Tech/B.E engineering course if you are from science stream.

    Since you are studying in 11th class, before going for B.Tech you can also pursue diploma in computer science from any polytechnic offering diploma in computer science course if you want to start engineering studies from now. Diploma course is three year duration course, as a diploma holder you can get admission in B.Tech degree course through lateral entry to fulfill the requirement of institute. This will save your one year and get admission directly to the second year.

    To know more about engineering click here

    All the best !!

    Posted By HTCampus, 4 years, 10 months ago | Reply Report