I have done my English Honors Graduation and Now I am looking for further Education in Psychology.

Follow
Anjali photo

Started By Anjali, 2 weeks ago

Fresher

Hi! I am an English Honors graduate from Delhi University with Commerce Background. Currently, I am working as a content manager for a reputed firm but wish to pursue further studies in Psychology. Are there any colleges offering Courses in Psychology in Delhi?

1 comments

Dear Student,

Psychology covers human behavior, interesting facts about life, etc. To be a Psychologist, you can opt for any stream in your 12th grade. Majority of the schools have started including Psychology in their curriculum, and the beauty of the subject lies in the fact that you can study Psychology with any stream as the fifth subject. It is advisable to take Psychology in school to have a basic understanding of the subject; however, it’s not a compulsion.

Post Graduation:- Once you are done with your graduation, you can pursue post-graduation. Admission to the various colleges will be through entrance exams or your marks upon graduation.  Different universities have a different criterion. If you are from a different background, you can still apply. But the admission route will be only through entrance exams.

At post-graduation level, you can choose your area of specialization. It is very important to pursue post-graduation, if you want to build a career in psychology. Due to a high level of competition, just a graduation degree is not enough. It will help you build your skills in your area of interest.

At post-graduation, students will get an opportunity to write their dissertation in their area of interest. A dissertation is an in-depth study on a particular topic, and the student will conduct the research under the supervision of an expert from their college. Also, the students will complete their internship for approximately 2-3 months. The internship is a very crucial period of a psychologist’s life. It is a phase of your education where you work and learn under the supervision of the expert. It is very important to practically apply all theories and knowledge, which will help you understand the concepts.

COLLEGES FOR POST-GRADUATION IN DELHI                 

Delhi University

• M.A. in Applied Psychology with specialization in Clinical, Social or Organizational Behavior
    • M.A. in Psychology

Tata Institute of Social Sciences

• M.A. in psychology with a specialization in Counseling, Clinical, and HR.

Jamia Milia Islami

• Masters in Applied psychology with a specialization in (Clinical, Counseling or Organizational Behavior).

Ambedkar Univerity

• M.A. in Applied Psychology with specialization in Clinical Psychology.

Panjab University

• Masters in Psychology

Banaras Hindu University

• Masters in Psychology

Aligarh Muslim University

• M.A. in Psychology with Specialization in Clinical and Organizational Psychology.

Gautam Budh University

• M.A. in Applied Psychology

SCOPE OF PSYCHOLOGY IN INDIA:- Psychology in India is gaining importance, and its demand is on the rise. After post-graduation, you will get an opportunity to work in different areas.

• Counsellors
    • Education Sector
    • Clinical psychology
    • Organizational Psychology
    • Research

Click here to know about Delhi University (DU) Colleges Offering Psychology Courses 2017.

Click here to know about Psychology Colleges in Delhi NCR.

Click here to know about Psychology Colleges in India.

Thanks

Posted By Neha, 1 week, 5 days ago | Reply Report