Full details about Weapon Engineering

Follow
Vivek Rajveer photo

Started By Vivek Rajveer, 4 years ago

Fresher

I am pursuing B.E in the stream of mechanical and I want to go for Weapon Engineering in m.tech,
I want to know about
1) Which is the best college for this (government college preferable)
2) which exam should I crack
3) what is the criteria for eligiblelity for this (including marks should score in the entrance exam)
4) what is the scope of weapon engg.( DRDO, Indian Army...)
5) what is the average salary
6) dose GATE score effect this course
6) what if I go for this course in abroad
if I study in abroad, am I eligible for joining Indian Army or any Indian government organisation

1 comments

Hi Vivek,

Weapons engineering is the design, development, testing and lifecycle management of military weapons and systems. It describe the knowledge of several traditional engineering disciplines, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, electro-optics, aerospace engineering, materials engineering, and chemical engineering.

Institutes like Institute of Armament Technology, Pune, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, etc. are offering Masters level degree course M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Weapons).

Eligibility: - You should have passed BE / B Tech in Mechanical / Production / Chemical / Material and Metallurgy / Electrical or equivalent from any recognised university with 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in the qualifying examination and valid UGC-CSIR NET certificate/GATE Score. Admission will be based on interview.

You will have to appear for Scientist Entrance Test (SET) exam to get into Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). You must have engineering degree to be eligible for this exam.

The average salary depends on many factors such as your skills and aptitude, institute reputation, where you get placed etc.

Also, GATE is required to secure a seat in a good engineering college. So, the more you score the best college you would get.

Click here to get the list of colleges offering weapon engineering

Check out this link to know how to join Indian Army:-

How to Become an Indian Army Officer

Thanks!!

Posted By Nitin, 4 years ago | Reply Report