please may i know the job prospects and scope of liberal arts.

Follow
Swapnil Rai photo

Started By Swapnil Rai, 6 years, 6 months ago

Fresher

please may i know the job prospects and scope of liberal arts.

4 comments

Career prospect of liberal art student is limitless, they are eligible for any career like Journalism, Business, Civil Services, Writing, research, Policy and financial analysis, NGO, banking & public relation. Liberal arts student have edge over other graduates as they have knowledge of various subject.
    Kumodini said it right I too heard about Symbiosis School of Liberal arts, my cousin studied at SSLA he says that it was good experience of learning there. University facility for Library, Canteen, Mess, Sports and wellness makes student’s life more smooth and comfortable.
    Posted By Sohan Rawat, 3 years, 3 months ago | Reply Report
    http://bit.ly/YpQZ3z *
    Posted By Kumodini, 4 years, 10 months ago | Reply Report
    hi Swapnil, my friend is studying in Symbiosis College for Liberal Arts in Pune. He had the same question before he joined but because of the webinars and other seminars by the Director of the college removed all his queries. He told me that the number of subjects is so vast, and the combination depends completely on the student but they are very well guided by their teachers. Journalism, business, advertising, civil services, writing, research, NGOs, academics, policy and financial analysis, banking and public relations are just some of the careers that students can opt for, right after their graduation. He loves the method of teaching and says that the infrastructure and hostel services provided are phenomenal. For instance, someone with a major in Biology and a minor in Business Studies could start their own pharmaceutical company; a student with a Political Science major and a Film Studies minor could enter the field of political activism by making political documentaries; someone with a combination like Psychology and Anthropology could get into the marketing department of a company, using their knowledge to analyse consumer behaviour, which depends on the psychological and cultural makeup of the people. for more information you can check: http://**********.in/academics/courses you should really apply there!
    Posted By Kumodini, 4 years, 10 months ago | Reply Report

Liberal Art Education is one of the upcoming courses and many youngsters are looking forward to pursue it. Though in India, it is still not very popular but in foreign countries, there are many reputed universities which offer courses in liberal education. But slowly, this course is making a place for itself in India also amongst high level professional course like management and accountancy.

Liberal Art is a new way to approach learning and education as it includes the study of various subjects ranging from science to performing arts. The purpose of this course is to empower the individual and prepare them with the diversity and complexity of life by educating them in a holistic way. Liberal education includes various subjects such as science, philosophy, political science, music, performing arts, history and literature.

So, the bottom line is, there is no specific career as such in this field, but a degree in Liberal Arts will help you rise the ladder of success more effectively. For eg., if you are an MBA with an additional degree in Liberal Arts, then your market demand/ value will be more than another MBA candidate (who does not have a Liberal Arts degree).
    Posted By HTCampus, 6 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report