I want to do Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication. But I have no experience in Media. So can I take admission in PGDJM through Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Journalism and New Media Studies?

Follow
dharm photo

Started By dharm, 2 weeks, 6 days ago

Fresher

I want to do Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication. I have completed my B.A. But I have no experience in Media. So can I take admission in PGDJM through Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Journalism and New Media Studies?

1 comments

Dear Student,

As per the official website of the Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Journalism and New Media Studies, the college offers PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication course.

PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication:- This course is about the exposure to new techniques of reporting, editing, production and broadcast of news. It will teach the role of journalists in engaging public into the development process and policymaking.Meanwhile, it will also polish your communication skills which are required to develop proper communication strategies.

Duration:- The duration of this course is one year which includes 2 semesters and each semester consists of 5 months of lectures, projects, and assignments. There is an internship in the last month of the session where students have to work as an apprentice to learn the trade of Journalism which helps them to pass through the placement drive.

Eligibility:- The essential criteria for admission to this course is a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared or are appearing for a degree examination are also eligible to apply.

Certain institutes like IGNOU, also require prospective students to hold a minimum of 2 years of experience in media and communications organization.

Admission Procedure:- The general process of admission to a PGDJMC involves an entrance test and personal interview. The process mostly starts in the month of February when application forms are made available. The entrance examination is conducted in the month of March and the session starts around July.

Apart from this, you are not eligible for this course because IGNOU, require prospective students to hold a minimum of 2 years of experience in media and communications organization. So you can take admission some other colleges where is not required experience in media.

Click here to know about Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC) Overview.

Thanks

Posted By Neha, 2 weeks, 2 days ago | Reply Report