I am a student of Biology and Now I want to take Admission in Bio-Technology from Osmania University College of Engineering.

Follow
Gopal photo

Started By Gopal, 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Fresher

I am a student of Biology and Now I want to take Admission in Bio-Technology from Osmania University College of Engineering.

2 comments

Dear Neha If I want to take admission iisc Bangalore for bsc( Biology ) as I'm from Biology stream so can I take admission in iisc Bangalore. please inform me regarding that.
    Posted By Gopal, 1 week, 3 days ago | Reply Report

Dear Student,

Yes, you can take admission in Biotechnology Course through Osmania University College of Engineering.

Biotechnology Course overview:- When most of the students with a medical stream (PCB Physics Chemistry Biology) think about their career path after class 12th they either think of a doctor or a pharmacist.But fortunately, the scope of this stream is much beyond just medical science.Biotechnology course offers students a very interesting and lucrative career opportunities.It offers a different perspective of science.The sector of biotechnology is growing at a steady pace in India.In simple words biotechnology is the combination of biology and technology.

Academic programs in Biotechnology:-

BSc in Biotechnology:- Bsc in Biotechnology is an undergraduate degree program.Its duration is 3 years which includes 6 semesters.This course includes subjects such as maths, biology, chemistry, and physics.

B.Tech in Biotechnology:- B.Tech in Biotechnology is a four-year bachelor degree undergraduate program in biotechnology.It is an engineering program.Just like any other engineering discipline the duration of this course is 4 years, divided into 8 semesters.Each semester is about 6 months long.Both theory and practical sessions are imparted to students along with internship programs.

Eligibility Criteria:-

1. The basic eligibility criteria to apply for BSc in Biotechnology and B.Tech in Biotechnology remains same.A student must have passed his/her class 12th examinations from a recognized national or state level board of education with science stream.Students with both PCB (Physics Chemistry Biology) and PCM (Physics Chemistry Maths) can apply for the course.
    2. Along with this, it is mandatory to clear various entrance exams held by various colleges who give admission strictly on the basis of merit scored in these tests.

Admission Criteria:- Selection will be based on GATE entrance exam held by the university.

However, they have not mentioned any information regarding Fees and Admission Process. Hence, you need to contact college officials individually for the relevant information.

Click here to know about BioTech Engineering Colleges in India.

Click here to know about Bsc Biotechnology Colleges in India.

Thanks

Posted By Neha, 2 weeks ago | Reply Report