Suggest me to choose M Tech from IIT or MS from any abroad univ?

Follow
jia photo

Started By jia, 3 years, 8 months ago

Fresher

I have completed B Tech in 2012.

1 comments

Hi Jia,

Both the options are good and have their own values & scope. While having an M.Tech degree from India’s most prestigious engineering institutes like IIT itself a triumph, pursuing M.S degree from top-notch universities in abroad also an accomplishment. Selection of the course is totally depends on your interest and calibre. You can either opt for M.Tech to get in-depth knowledge of your current field or go to abroad for doing M.S degree.

If you want to pursue M.Tech, then you need to appear for GATE Exam for getting a good college. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, for admission to Post Graduation/PhD courses in Engineering and Architecture.

If you want to go abroad for M.S then you need to appear for English proficiency Test i.e. IELTS or TOEFL to go for study abroad. You also need to appear for GRE Exam to pursue engineering in abroad. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a standardized test that is required to be taken by students seeking admission in any of the graduate schools. Students seeking admission into any Master’s Program (Master of Arts or MS) in US, and many other European countries as well are required to take GRE.

Hence, advise you to first decide where you want to settle, India or abroad, and make decision accordingly.

Thanks!!

Posted By Nitin, 3 years, 8 months ago | Reply Report