what to do after Mtech ?

Follow
Ankush photo

Started By Ankush, 3 years, 7 months ago

Fresher

I am a Btech in Marine Engineering and Mtech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. Due to economic backdrop and college I am not placed yet , I would like to ask about any further professional degree and colleges that can help me get a job . I cant go abroad due to money constraint.

9 comments

After M Tech try for PhD. You must find out a person who is competent to guide your research work, I mea guide.
    Posted By Suni, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    After M Tech try for PhD. You must find out a person who is competent to guide your research work, I mea guide.
    Posted By Suni, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    Hi Ankush,
    Posted By Apoorav, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    Dear friend I would suggest you to go for MBA as it will of more importance with your Mtech degree. Now a days Engineers with MBA are much more preferred for jobs in many reputed companies. The combination of Mtech with MBA will help you a lot in getting a reputed job in India as well as abroad. GLA University Mathura could be the best place for you to pursue your MBA. Not only national but international companies too visit the university for placement. At GLA your potential will be realized in its best possible manner. For admission related query please visit **********
    Posted By ishaan, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    ...all the best for both options....
    Posted By Ishita Surti, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    Its better to get job or go for doctorate programme
    Posted By Ajay, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    Its better to get job or go for doctorate programme
    Posted By Ajay, 3 years, 6 months ago | Reply Report
    Ankush you can go for PhD if you are interested in teaching otherwise go for MBA if you want to work in a company. There are universities like LPU, Sharda, Manav rachna etc where admissions are on. If you don't weant to go for a regular degree you can do for part time degree too.
    Posted By Aarti Singh, 3 years, 7 months ago | Reply Report

Hi Ankush,

Well, an M. Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering itself is enough to provide you good job opportunities. However, as somehow you couldn’t get placed yet, you may enhance your skills and get further degree in the relevant field. You may go for either M.Phil or Ph.D program in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. And, if you don’t want to go for research programs, you may also go for some certificate and diploma courses in the relevant area to upgrade your qualification.

Some career options for M. Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering degree holders: -

There are lots of opportunities for Ocean Engineers and Naval Architects in the private, educational, corporate, and governmental sectors.

You may also have career in the fields such as offshore oil recovery, marine metals and corrosion, environmental protection, global climate monitoring, renewable energy, underwater vehicles, remote sensing, marine transportation, or naval architecture and defence.

Thanks!!

Posted By Nitin, 3 years, 7 months ago | Reply Report