which board - cbse or state is more suitable and helpful if want to pursue mass comm as career

Follow
aditi zade photo

Started By aditi zade, 2 years, 1 month ago

Fresher

1. is that true that cbse has launched courses for mass media after 10
  2. which is a better option in 11- 12 - science or arts/humanities
  3. which degree should i take after 12 if i am good at anchoring

1 comments

Hi Aditi,

Education board is something that wouldn’t affect the career you are going to choose later on. However, as CBSE is the conducting body of two major examinations i.e. JEE and NEET, you could get benefit of syllabus covered in these exams. Though in your case, there wouldn’t be much difference.

Since mass media is a professional course, you can take up any of the three streams (Arts, Science or Commerce). Students from any of these above mentioned fields opt for mass media courses after completing their 10+2.

TV reporters and anchors typically major in journalism or communications. These degree courses focus heavily on communication and writing skills by providing instruction in most genres of communication. For aspiring TV anchors, upper-level coursework should focus on broadcasting. Bachelor's degree programs specifically for broadcasting are also available. These courses focus on various aspects like international communications, law and ethics of journalism, public affairs reporting, editing and broadcast reporting.

Success Tip:

Gain experience during college. Students who aspire to become TV anchors and reporters can begin gaining experience while earning their degree. Opportunities for hands-on experience in news writing and broadcasting are available through campus organizations, including radio or television broadcast groups, school newspapers and broadcasting clubs. Students might also seek out internships with local news stations to gain professional experience in the field and begin networking for jobs after graduation. Any type of field experience is beneficial for job seekers in this highly competitive profession.

Plus, CBSE launched Mass Media Studies after 10th Class. You can follow the link below to see the article-

CBSE launches Mass Media Studies after 10th Class

Thanks

Posted By Nitin, 2 years, 1 month ago | Reply Report