which is better- computer science or electronic and communication in nit jamshedpur?<br>

Follow
muskan photo

Started By muskan, 3 years, 7 months ago

Fresher

I am 12th passout student and cleared jee mains with rank 27024.I am going to take admission in NIT jamshedpur. But I am confused about branch. Computer science was my fifth subject in 12th and I guess its hard..but I also have very little information about electronic and communication. And now I am confused between them,which to opt.Can you please help me out in figuring which one will be best for me giving details of both the branches and what I will have to study in both of them???
do reply at the earliest....

3 comments

Hi Muskan,

Electronic and Communications Engineering is one field which is applicable in our day to day life - computers, print media, visual media, audio and communication sector. Typically, the role of an Electronics and Communication Engineer involves design, fabrication, produce, test and supervision the manufacture of complex products and systems i.e., electronic equipments and components for a number of industries including hospitals, computer industry, electronic data processing systems for communication and in defense etc.

Future Scope:

Increased production and demand by government, Public sector and businesses for communication equipment, computers and military electronics along with consumer demand and increased research and development on robots and other types of automation contributes to the growth of employment opportunities in the field.

As an ECE, you can work under telecom, hardware and networking, applications of all kinds, embedded system allied areas such as VLSI Design and fabrication and mobile computing and software development etc with some added specialization.

Scope after Electronic and Communications Engineering

On the other hand, Computer Science is a good option for those who want to make their career in computers. Computer Science course covers all aspects of computers right from the basic fundamentals of computers to database systems & advanced courses like C++, Java etc.

Future Scope:

There is a sea of opportunity in the field of computer science especially because everything now is technology driven and there is a huge requirement for engineers who will develop, manage and maintain them. So you can choose between hardware and software computer engineering. The software and IT companies are the major employers of computer engineering graduates. They offer the best packages to the young graduates which are unmatched with other branches of engineering profession. The salary of computer engineer depends on the type of employer - public or private. Generally private firms offer excellent salary as compared to government departments.

Career Prospects of Computer Science Engineering

Career as a Computer Engineer

It would be advisable for you to select a course as per your interest and aptitude.

Thanks!!

Posted By Nitin, 3 years, 7 months ago | Reply Report

please reply in context of NIT JAMSHEDPUR

Posted By muskan, 3 years, 7 months ago | Reply Report

please reply in context of NIT JAMSHEDPUR

Posted By muskan, 3 years, 7 months ago | Reply Report