B. Tech in Engineering Physics
B. Tech in Engineering Physics is a coveted Bachelor’s degree programme stretching four years in duration. Offered by all top rated colleges in India, the programme equips the student with basic engineering skills, in addition to specialised knowledge of physics and its multiple applications. You can simply call it a synergy of theoretical concepts of physics and their implementation in industrial settings. The prominent concepts that you may be studying when pursuing the degree include semiconductor devices, thermodynamics, Advanced Classical Mechanics and so forth.
B. Tech in Engineering Physics imparts the fundamental knowledge of experimental techniques and equipment currently employed in the industry to students. In the first two years of the programme, you will be studying generic engineering subjects, while the specialisation part is taught in the subsequent years. As in most of the B. Tech degree courses, here too the curriculum is comprised of core courses and electives, each is obligatory for every pursuant. Upon completion of the degree, you are required to complete an internship outside the college campus.
Top 10 institutes for B. Tech in Engineering Physics
Since the number of institutes offering B. Tech in Engineering Physics programme is staggering, it is always good to know your best options. So read on, as we discuss the same.
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- National Institute of Technology Calicut
- Delhi Technological University
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- National Institute of Technology, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College, West Bengal
B. Tech in Engineering Physics Skills Needed
- Innovation and Creativity
- Time management
- Analytical and Problem abilities
- Good communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organisational and Planning
- Credibility and Flexibility
- Focus and commitment
Academic Options after B. Tech in Engineering Physics
In the post-B. Tech in Engineering Physics degree scenario, there are plenty of enrollment options available. You can apply for M. Tech Engineering Physics and subsequently pursue your doctoral degree in the same field. The option of gaining managerial specialisation with an MBA degree is also there for taking. This way, you will be adding to your tally of skill sets and diversifying your career prospects.
B. Tech in Engineering Physics Job Prospect
Engineering physics is an evolving world and B. Tech in Engineering Physics is gaining popularity. As such, the employment opportunities in India are aplenty in government and private sectors alike. Career opportunities in offshore locations, such as the US, Europe and the Far East are more significant and rewarding. In the government sector, your go to employers will be Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), and National Physical Laboratory. You can also aspire to work for the famed Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) provided your academic record is dazzling.
Upon completion of the B. Tech in Engineering Physics degree, you can also find decent employment avenues in teaching sector. Here, the workload is manageable and salaries are decent. As a bachelor’s degree holder, you can also aspire to work for government-funded organisations dedicated to research and development, and earn healthy remunerations. The degree also empowers you to serve the leading corporations across a spectrum of industries like aerospace, nuclear, acoustics and medical.
Job opportunities are also abundant in lucrative fields, such as systems engineering, content writing and legal services. The salary may vary as per your qualifications, experience, industry and employer you prefer working with. The organisation you pursue your internship with also has a key role in determining your career prospects. It exposes you to real life problems and amplifies your understanding of concept application. Therefore, it is advisable to prefer an organisation with decent industry tie-ups.
B. Tech in Engineering Physics Top Recruiters
Provide below is a list of the top recruiters in the private sectors for B. Tech in Engineering Physics degree holders.
- Mu Sigma
- ZS Associates
- Ivy Comptech
- Futures First
B. Tech in Engineering Physics Job Profiles
Upon completion of B. Tech in Engineering Physics, you can vouch for the following profiles for a satisfying career.
- Industrial Engineer: As an industrial engineer, your core competencies will include developing the mainstay for smooth production and manufacturing.
- Research Scientist: When donning the role of a research scientist, you will be working as a part of research and development department in an organisation. Your primary task will be to conduct experiments, create new technologies and determine their feasibility.
- Physicists: Herein, you will be closely monitoring and analysing key processes and compiling data in a comprehensible manner.
- Lecturer: A lecturer has to impart knowledge of Engineering Physics to his students at undergraduate level in various private and government colleges.
- Financial Analyst: Since statistics and mathematical analysis are an integral part of your B. Tech in Engineering Physics curriculum, you can step into the shoes of a financial analyst without much discomfort.