All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) Overview
- Exam Type :
- Format : Offline/PBT
- Language : English, Hindi
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Examination. This entrance examination is conducted in two stages. Only those who clear the preliminary exam are eligible to sit for the AIPMT final exam. Presently 15% of the total seats in all medical and dental colleges run by the Union of India, state governments, municipal or other local authorities in India, except in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, are reserved for candidates who qualify this examination.
- The applicant should have completed 17 years at the time of admission or should have turned 17 on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year of the MBBS/BDS Course.
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- The upper age limit for this exam is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. This upper age limit is relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC/ST/OBCcandidates.
- Applicants from Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible as both these states had opted out of the AIPMT scheme since its inception. However if one does want to apply then he/she should submit an affidavit that is attested by a Metropolitan Magistrate/First Class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that, They are not eligible to appear for MBBS/BDS seats in Andhra Pradesh or J&K and therefore are not eligible to seek admission in any medical/ dental colleges of Andhra Pradesh or J&K and they are not domiciled in Andhra Pradesh/ J&K.
- The applicants should also have cleared their Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Maths & English OR Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body OR a Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio- technology & English OR the first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests in these subjects OR the B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that they have passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology.
Application & Examination fees
Without Late Fee
With Late Fee
A candidate can apply for the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) only on-line by clicking here
All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) Jul 2015 Exam Pattern
AIPMT consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of paper would be 03 hours.
Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination would consist of one paper that would be 2 hours long, containing 200 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology(Botany and Zoology) to be answered on a specially designed machine-gradable sheet using only a ball point pen. Each subject would have 50 questions each with 4 marks allocated for every correct answer and -1 mark for an incorrect answer.
Final Examination: Only those who clear the preliminary exam can take this exam which also lasts for 3 hours. It has one paper containing 120 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using a ball point pen. The AIPMT-Final exam became an objective paper since 2010. Before that it had descriptive questions.
Short listed students are called for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- List of cities where the AIPMT - 2015 will be conducted is given at Appendix – I in Information Bulletin.
- The Candidate should select Three Convenient City Codes for the entrance Test from Appendix I.
- Though every effort will be made to allot a centre in one of the places selected by the candidate, yet the Board reserves its discretion to allot a centre other than the candidate’s choice.
- (Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention. Under no circumstances the choice of centre cities filled in the application form shall be changed by the Board. Click here to check the complete list of cities!
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical council of India. Click here to check the syllabus!
All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) Contact Details
All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT)
THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY (EXAM), AIPMT UNIT,
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION, SHIKSHA KENDRA,
2, COMMUNITY CENTRE,
PREET VIHAR, DELHI - 110 092