Tips to Prepare for AP ICET
APICET is the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test. This entrance test is used for admission to MBA or MCA courses in institutions and colleges located in Andhra Pradesh. APICET is a state level exam meant for candidates of the AP state. APICET will be conducted on 2nd May 2017. APICET is an objective, paper and pencil based exam. The duration of the exam is two and a half hours. The exam paper will be divided into three sections, which are, Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability.
Exam Pattern Details & Tips
The paper will comprise of three sections. These three sections will be Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability.
Number of Questions
Total Questions- 200
Algebra and Geometrical Ability
Business and Computer Terminology
This section deals with data and problems’ analysis. Students will be tested on their ability to analyse the given situation or problem and be able to solve it. Analytical Ability will comprise of Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving questions.
1) Data Sufficiency: Questions under this category would be based on given data. For Example, there could be a question in the form of a statement which needs one data to answer it. If the data given in option 1 is enough to answer the question, then option 1 would be the answer. If the data given in option 2 is enough to answer the question, then option 2 would be the answer. There could be option no. 3, where both data 1 and 2 put together would answer the question. Another option no. 4, which could be that no data options given are sufficient enough to answer the question, and additional data may be needed.
2) Problem Solving: This category would involve questions regarding data analysis, coding, decoding, date and time arrangement problems, sequences and series etc.
As the section name suggests, this one is all about the maths and numbers.
1) Arithmetical Ability: This category under the mathematical ability section will comprise of questions relating to ratios and proportion, divisibility, rational numbers, ordering, profit and loss, percentages, areas, volumes, mensuration, LCM, HCF, time, distance and work etc. All arithmetic related problems will fall under this category and could make up part of the mathematical ability section.
2) Algebra and Geometrical Ability: This category of questions will involve problems based on truth tables, converse and inverse, relations and functions, questions on statements and also questions on equation of a line in trigonometry and other forms.
3) Statistical Ability: This category will involve questions based on frequency distributions, standard deviation, co-relation, probability based problems, mean, median and mode etc. This category will have more statistics based questions that will require to be answered based on the stats given.
As the section term suggests, this category will have questions testing your communication and language skills. Probably the most scoring if you’ve got a good hold on the English language, this section is all about the English language.
This category will involve questions testing the vocabulary of the candidate. The level of vocabulary testing will be like day to day communication.
2) Business and Computer Terminology: This category will have questions pertaining more to the kind of communication that is practised in business and corporate companies via email etc. The main mode of communication in almost all organisations these days is email/ messenger, so the kind of language and communication tactics that are practised in the professional world is what this would test the candidates on.
3) Functional Grammar: Here the candidates will be assessed on their day to day grammar that is used in communication daily. This category will test the daily language grammar usage.
4) Reading Comprehension: This category will have three reading passages, based on which there will be questions to answer.
Exam Preparation Books
Students can get books online in the form of PDF from ICET to prepare for the entrance exam. Other books that will be useful to help with the preparation of APICET entrance are:
AP ICET MBA BOOK 2017 BEST STUDY MATERIALS by Vikram Editorial Board.
ICET 2016: Integrated Common Entrance Test (Complete Success Package), published by: Arihant Publications
Cracking The MBA Admissions Interview and GD by Dhruv Nath, published by Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.
Quantitative Aptitude, published by : published by S.Chand
Analytical & Logical Reasoning For CAT, published by Arihant Books
Tips to Crack APICET
Read newspapers and magazine to improve reading and comprehensive abilities
Practise sample papers and mock tests to understand the kind of questions that are asked.
Solve previous years’ entrance exam papers
Pick new words from the newspapers and magazines and use them constantly in sentences and acquaint yourself with them.
If math has not been your subject in graduation, then practise all the algebra formulas and geometrical concepts.
Practise statistics and data interpretation questions.