- Exam Type :
- Format : Online/CBT
- Language : English
CAT 2015 is conducted by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) for seeking admission to the prestigious management colleges in India. The candidates aspiring to get admission to IIMs and other leading management schools need to appear for the Common Admission Test.
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) will conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015. The Convener for CAT 2015 is Prof. Tathagata Bandyopadhyay, IIM Ahmedabad.
CAT is taken by candidates seeking admission in the Post-Graduate and Fellow Programmes in management courses of several management institutes in India including the IIMs. As of today, well over 100 B-Schools in India accept the CAT 2015 score.
The CAT 2015 exam is a 3 pronged process. The first is the online exam, which will be conducted on November 29, 2015. Basis the CAT 2015 percentile score, eligible candidates are short listed and called for the Written Aptitude Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round.
- The candidate must be a graduate, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category)
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
- In absence of any percentage conversion scheme, candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Application & Examination fees
Candidates applying to CAT 2015 will need to pay a one- time payment of INR 1600 for general category and NC-OBC candidates and INR 800 for SC/ST/PH category. The amount stated includes application screening and Entrance Test Fee. Additional charges are applicable on the final amount.
- Candidates can apply to CAT 2015 by logging on to the official CAT 2015 website. The application window is open from August 6th, 2015 and September 20th, 2015.
- Candidates will have to follow the following steps to apply for CAT 2015:
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment
- On creating a profile, your User ID will be sent by email and the Password shall be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Using these credentials, you can log in as an Existing User to fill out the Application form.
- The application need not be completed in one sitting; you can revisit the form several times. However, you cannot edit any details on the Application form after you have made the online payment. To understand the registration procedure for CAT 2015, see the Registration Video on the CAT 2015 website.
CAT Nov 2015 Exam Pattern
CAT is an online exam and CAT aspirants will have to solve 100 questions in 180 minutes. It has three sections:
Quantitative aptitude (60 min)
Data interpretation and logical reasoning (60 min)
Verbal and reading comprehension (60 min)
List of shortlisted candidates for the next level of selection will be made available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send out call letters to the short listed candidates directly. The admission criteria for different IIMs are different. Candidates should visit the official websites of IIMs for other updates.
Counselling procedure for other institutes accepting CAT 2015 score is different for each. Hence, candidates are requested to visit the official website of the college they are applying to.
CAT English/Verbal Ability:
Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
CAT Maths/Quant Ability:
Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
CAT Data Interpretation:
Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.
CAT Logical Reasoning:
Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
CAT Contact Details
For all CAT 2015 related queries, please contact
Website: www.iimcat.ac.in Email ID: email@example.com
Help Desk Number: 18002660207 (Monday to Saturday 09:00AM to 06:00PM; Not available on National/Public Holidays)
CAT Centre 2015, C/O IIM Ahmedabad Vastrapur Ahmedabad 380 015 Contact Numbers: 079-66324633/34