CAT 2016 Overview
- Exam Type :
- Format : Online/CBT
- Language : English
CAT 2016 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) for seeking admission to the prestigious management colleges in India. candidates aspiring to get admission to IIMs and other leading management schools need to appear for the Common Admission Test.
Last year, CAT was conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) on November 29, 2015.
CAT is taken by candidates seeking admission to the Post-Graduate and Fellow Programmes in Management courses of several management institutes in India including the IIMs. As of today, well over 100 B-Schools in India accept the CAT score.
Those who want to know about CAT 2016 exam in detail should consider clicking on this link-
CAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a graduate, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category).
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
- In the absence of any percentage conversion scheme, candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and be multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
CAT 2016 Application Details
Application & Examination fees
Last year, the CAT application fee was Rs. 1700/- for general category and NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 850/- for SC/ST/PH category. The amount stated included application screening and Entrance Test Fee. Additional charges were applicable on the final amount.
- Candidates can apply to CAT 2016 by logging on to the official CAT 2016 website. The application window will be opening from August 8, 2016.
- Candidates will have to follow the following steps to apply for CAT 2016:
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment
- On creating a profile, your User ID will be sent by email and the Password shall be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Using these credentials, you can log in as an Existing User to fill out the Application form.
- The application need not be completed in one sitting; you can revisit the form several times. However, you cannot edit any details on the Application form after you have made the online payment. To understand the registration procedure for CAT 2016, see the Registration Video on the CAT 2016 website.
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern & Analysis
CAT Dec 2016 Exam Pattern & Analysis
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
CAT 2016 Counselling/Interview
List of shortlisted candidates for the next level of selection will be made available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send out call letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The admission criteria for different IIMs are different. Candidates should visit the official websites of IIMs for other updates.
Counseling procedure for other institutes accepting CAT 2016 score is different for each. Hence, candidates are requested to visit the official website of the college they are applying to.
CAT 2016 Exam Centres
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Jammu and Kashmir
CAT 2016 Exam Syllabus
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms, and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
Data interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
CAT 2016 Contact Details
For all CAT related queries, please contact
Help Desk Number: 18002660207 (Monday to Saturday 09:00AM to 06:00PM; Not available on National/Public Holidays).