Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Overview
- Exam Type :
- Format : Online/CBT
- Language : English
CMC (Christian Medical College) Vellore is associated to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and is one of the largest medical business centres in India. The university conducts an All-India Entrance Test (CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test) every year to select students for admission into various under-graduate level medical and para-medical courses offered by it.
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Common Eligibility Criteria for All Courses:
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent conducted by Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination. They should have cleared all the subjects of the HSCE exam.
- Candidates should be 17 years old at the time of admission.
- Aspirants must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Students must have secured 60% marks at 10+2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology taken together) and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
- Candidates must have secured an aggregate of 50% in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Only single women candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Application Details
Application & Examination fees
Basic Administrative Fee
Rs. 800/- (Excluded Registration Fee)
Course Wise Registration Fee
Group A Courses:
MBBS, BSc (Nursing) & AHS Degree Courses
Rs. 500/- per course
Group A Courses:
Diploma in Nursing and other Allied Health Science diplomas
Rs. 100/- per course
MSc courses and Fellowship in Analytical Clinical Pharmacology
Rs. 500/- per course
Candidates can obtain application forms from 18th February 2015 by clicking here
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Exam Pattern
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore May 2015 Exam Pattern
There will be a Computer-Based Test consisting of multiple choice questions with five possible answers. You have to select one correct answer.
For MBBS, BSc Nursing & Allied Health Science Degree Courses: There will be 60 questions each related to Physics, Chemistry and Biology (120 minutes total time). This will be followed by 120 questions on General Ability including Speed and Accuracy and also a few questions on issues of current topical interest. The duration of the whole examination will be 3 hours and 10 minutes.
For the Diploma Courses: The exam will be comprising of 25 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and 15 questions on General ability. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
For other courses where science background is not mandatory, there will be 90 questions including English, General Ability, Speed and Accuracy and a few questions on issues of current topical interest. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
For courses which require a special paper, there will be 90 questions pertaining to that specific subject. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Counselling/Interview
Short listed students are called for special tests to assess the applicants’ character and aptitude. They will also face the Personal Interview (PI).
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Exam Centres
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Exam Syllabus
The question papers for the test will be based on a common Science stream syllabus of ‘Plus Two’ level boards recognised by the TN Dr MGR Medical University.
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore 2016 Contact Details
The Registrar, Christian Medical College,
Vellore- 632 002, Tamilnadu, India
Ph: 0416- 2284255
Fax: 0416- 2262788
Other CMC Related Article