To complete CSAT 2018 application process candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 100. Candidates will be allowed to make payment via online mode through debit/ credit card or net banking as well as through offline mode where they will be able to do it via a Challan. Candidates from SC/ ST category, females and PwD candidates are exempted from the payment of the fee.
CSAT 2018 will be conducted in three phases:
Candidates who want to apply for CSAT 2018 exam should also check the exam pattern. It not just helps candidates get an overview of the question paper but also prepare for the exam well.
Candidates from general category can take the exam a maximum of 4 times
7 attempts are allowed for OBC candidates
There is no limit of attempts for candidates from SC/ ST category
CSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
CSAT 2018 will have two exams
Paper I will include a total of 400 marks questions on General Studies
Paper II will be of a total of 200 marks
Candidates will get 2 hours in CSAT 2018 Preliminary exam
The question papers will be in Hindi and English language
CSAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
The main objective of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is to assess logical reasoning and thinking the performance of the candidates. Keeping this in the mind, multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from English, one language paper, and General studies are asked.
CSAT 2018 General Studies Paper 1
• Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialisation required)
• General Science
CSAT 2018 General Ability Test Paper 2
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision-making and problem-solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
• Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation)
CSAT 2018 Contact Details
Shri MangalMarndi (secretary) (Examination):
Ph: 011- 23384610
Shri S.R.Ghosh(secretary) (Examination)
Ph: 011- 23383052
CSAT Ruckus: What’s The Fuss?