NCHMCT - JEE Overview
- Exam Type :
- Format : Offline/PBT
- Language : English, Hindi
The JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted by the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India for admission to its B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration programme which is offered jointly with IGNOU. It is a three year programme that equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the hospitality sector. Admission to first year of this programme is strictly based on the all India rank earned by the candidate in JEE.
- Students applying for the exam should have passed 10+2 with English as one of the subjects. They must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2015 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will be cancelled if the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2015.
- Admission will be based on the verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any applicant is found ineligible while verification at a later dates even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- The upper age limit for General and OBC students is 22 years as on July 1, 2015. Aspirants born on or after July 01, 1993 are eligible.
- For applicants from Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories, the upper age limit is 25 years. SC/ST candidates born on or after July 1, 1990 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for students having Physically Disabilities will be calculated as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC.
All the eligible students will need to submit a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
Reservation of seats for SC/ST Applicants:
- For students belonging to SC categories, 15% seats are reserved in Central and State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. And, 7.5% seats are reserved for ST applicants.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories will have to produce original caste/tribe certificates issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format during admission. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. The remaining vacant seats in these categories shall not be filled by applicants belonging to any other category.
Reservation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) applicants:
- For OBC (Non creamy layer) candidates, whose name is registered in Central Govt. OBC list for admission in Central Govt, 27% seats are reserved for admission in Central Govt. Institutes of Hotel Management only. Aspirants belonging to creamy layer of OBC or whose name listed as OBC in the state Govt. list are NOT entitled for OBC reservation.
- As per Hon,ble Supreme Court ruling , the remaining vacant seats in these categories shall be filled through General Category.
- Admission to first year of B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration degree will be based on the All India Rank (AIR) obtained by the applicant in the written test of JEE.
- Ranks are strictly based on the marks secured by the student in written examination. There will be no group discussion or interview for selection.
An applicant can obtain application for and information brochure for NCHMCT JEE exam from all affiliated institutes, NCHMCT Office, Noida and Food Craft Institute. The details will be available on Council’s website from Dec 14, 2014.
Aspirant can also apply through on-line from Dec 14, 2014 by remitting fee through gateway payment. For online application and other details, access this link
NCHMCT - JEE Apr 2015 Exam Pattern
Number of Questions
Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Aptitude for Service Sector
Activities in Counselling:
- Checking of eligibility of applicants
- Verification of documents
- Deposit of counselling and first semester fee
- Opportunity to choose the colleges available at the time of counselling as per the student’s AIR
- Aspirants can give as many choices of institutes as per their preferences
- No Group Discussion (GD) or Personal Interview (PI) will be involved in the selection process
Written Test Centre City
Written Test Centre City
NCHMCT - JEE Contact Details
NCHMCT - JEE
National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology