What is BBA in Hotel Management?
BBA in Hotel Management is an undergraduate course that prepares students who desire to enter the hospitality industry at a managerial level. Since hospitality industry is growing at a rapid pace, to be a part of it has become an objective for a plethora of young aspirants. Not surprisingly, many students enrol themselves in Bachelor of Business Administration (Hotel Management) programme every year.
The ever-growing hotel industry requires a big talent pool for the management of all its operations as per the industry standards. Those who pursue BBA in Hotel Management course become ready to join hospitality organisations, as the course instils the ability to manage a hotel, motel, resort or any other similar organisation in students. During the three-year course, students learn conceptual skills in human resources, research and development, marketing, finance, operations and administrative management that are integral for survival in the current national and international environment of the hospitality industry.
BBA in Hotel Management Skills Required
Anybody who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-discipline and dedication can pursue BBA in Hotel Management course. Candidates need to have an inclination towards management and hotel industry. Patience and politeness are two essential qualities that a student desirous of joining hotel industry must possess. The simple reason behind is the fact that they require being co-operative, polite and respectful while serving guests.
Situations do arise wherein you need to deal with the guest’s criticism patiently despite knowing that you are right. Willingness to work is a yet another important skill that those who take up BBA in Hotel Management course must have. The skill helps hotel managers serve their guests cheerfully even at odd hours. The Bachelor of Business Administration (Hotel Management) course is also ideal for those who wish to pursue higher studies and become a professor or lecturer.
BBA in Hotel Management Course Availability
BBA Hotel in Management course spans over a period of 3 years having two semesters each, which a number of private and government institutes offer. To make things easy and rewarding for you, here we have shortlisted some of the top institutes that you can consider.
- Indore Professional Studies Academy (IPSA), Indore
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik
- Suverna International Institute Of Management Studies, Chennai
- Himalayan Institute of Technology, Itanagar
- Landmark Foundation Institute of Management and Technology, Dehradun
- Institute of Media, Management and Technology (IMMT), Dehradun
- AIHM, Noida
As many institutes provide BBA in Hotel Management course, you are supposed to do your homework right. To seek admission in an institute that seems to fulfil all your requirements and expectations, you must research the available options thoroughly. For instance, checking the fee structure a particular Institute offers beforehand is of paramount importance. Make sure that the business school you intend to join is UGC recognised. In addition, you must consider the reputation the particular institute has.
BBA in Hotel Management Academic Options
As BBA in Hotel Management is an undergraduate degree, students can decide to sharpen their skills further by enrolling themselves in MBA in Hotel Management course. The postgraduate degree prepares an individual for performing the higher industry roles with ease. Ample of institutions across India offer MBA programs.
BBA in Hotel Management Job Options
The tremendous growth in the hospitality industry is a positive outcome of globalisation. As India is a popular travel destination, the government is leaving no stone unturned for the development of this sector. Hotels being a significant part of the hospitality industry have become a massive source of employment. Therefore, lucrative career options in the glamorous hotel industry are attracting more and more individuals.
After completing BBA in Hotel Management, students can take an ideal job at any of the departments in a hotel, including operations, food and beverages, accounting, front office, sales and marketing, engineering/maintenance, security, etc. It is always better to opt for a field that the aspirant likes to pursue a career with enthusiasm. BBA Hotel Management degree holder can easily get a job at the end of the course with some big names, such as Oberoi, Sheraton, Hyatt, Taj and the Welcome Group. Depending on the choice of field and individual capabilities, a student can earn anywhere between INR 10,000 to INR 40,000 in the starting phase.
Apart from hotels and restaurants, other job opportunities for BBA in Hotel Management graduates include:
- Airlines: BBA Hotel Management graduates can find jobs in the airlines, as they can join airline catering (flight kitchen) and cabin services.
- Club management: After completing BBA Hotel Management, candidates can join clubs as club managers. They can join clubs in hotels or nightclubs that run on their own. Having good problem-solving, interpersonal and administrative skills, candidates can excel in this field.
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management: Instead of trainees, Cruise lines look for graduates in hotel management. Therefore, if you are a recent BBA in Hotel Management graduate, you can find cruise ship employment quickly.
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy: With a degree in hotel management, you can also join the hospitality services in the Indian Navy. The job you would be entitled to subjects to your specialisation.
- Hospitality services in multinational companies: To entertain clients, multinational companies hire guest relation executives. Normally, these executives are hotel management graduates who know the ins and outs of offering excellent services to guests.
- Hospital administration and catering: As there is an increasing emphasis on quality of health care and patient satisfaction in today’s hospitals, they require ideal candidates for the jobs of hospital administration and catering. It is yet another lucrative job opportunity for the BBA in Hotel Management graduates.
- Tourism development corporations: After completing BBA in Hotel Management, students can look for ideal jobs in the tourism development corporations across India.
- Guesthouses and resorts: You can become a resort manager who is supposed to oversee spas and resorts at popular tourist destinations. BBA Hotel Management graduates have to handle many things, ranging from accounts and customer service to grounds keeping as resort or guesthouse managers.
- Jobs in security departments: You can also join security departments as catering managers who look after the quality of food and beverages.