The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP is the common written test that has to be taken by students wanting to gain admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University. SNAP, however is just the first step. On clearing it, one has to undergo the selection process of the desired Institute to qualify for the admission to the Post-Graduate programme of that Institute.
Graduates in any discipline from statutory University with minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates) for all the Master of Business Administration Programme, except for the Programmes which requires graduate with specific subject specializations. These specializations are mentioned on the respective institute's website. Students in their final year are also eligible.
SNAP differs from CAT in many ways. It is slightly less difficult compared to CAT with additional features like a GK section and a logical reasoning section which has a higher weightage than the other sections. Also one has to mark answers on the OMR sheet with a pen, so one has to be doubly sure before marking an option as you can’t go back and erase them. The ease in the difficulty level in SNAP is balanced out with the increased number of questions.
The GK section is the deal-maker of this test. This section has the lowest cut-off among the 4 sections, yet even the best test-takers have to struggle to cross this hurdle. Gear up for GK well in advance. Preparation for this section should start at least a year before. In fact, the preparation for GD and GL can go hand-in-hand. You need to keep yourself abreast of all the current affairs and matters of national and international interest. This will help you form an opinion during the group discussion sessions as well as in the GK section. If you have joined any coaching institute, you will be provided with ample study material for GK. The Manorama yearbook or any annual edition of a GK book should suffice. SNAP has been known to have an affinity for business GK. Be well-versed with the same.
Preparation for the remaining three sections would be covered in your preparation for CAT. Just make sure that you attempt enough number of mock tests that simulate the SNAP pattern. Remember that practice does make you perfect!
There are 14 institutes that are a part of Symbiosis University and that accept SNAP scores. Apart from registering for SNAP, one has to register and pay Rs 1000 as application fee for each of the institute you wish to apply to.
1. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune
2. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
3. Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC) Pune
4. Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
5. Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)
6. Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
7. Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
8. Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
9. Symbiosis Institute of Geo-informatics (SIG)
10. Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik
11. Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
12. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Bengaluru
13. Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC) Bengaluru
14. Symbiosis School of Banking Management (SSBM)
Registration Closes on
November 22, 2013
Payment Closes on
November 26, 2013
SNAP Test 2013
December 15, 2013
Announcement of Result
January 09, 2014