What do they do?
As a voice-over artiste narrates documentaries, corporate videos — from product use to joint venture presentations, from safety videos to cellphone prompts and TV serial intros and recaps, radio commercials. Simply put, being a voice artiste means converting written word to audio. You just need to sit in front of a microphone, say some words and collect an enviable remuneration before you leave for home. And the fame is a welcome bonus! Making a career in so small a space, however, can be fraught with pitfalls, as there are many people competing for a very few openings. For those who are thinking of a career in voice recordings, however, the work space is expanding. In recent times, the entertainment industry has grown and matured enough to attract serious attention. One can also go for voice acting and radio jockeying. If you are versatile, you can be master of it all.
Typical day in the life of a Voice Over Artist
Pros & Cons about this career
- Keep reinventing yourself with the changing times Have great scope in overseas market Upcoming career field in India have lot of scope in future.
- You will be considered a nobody, almost an outcast, if you’re not successful Income wise you’ll be fine because there are a lot of work opportunities
Skills and Education needed
- An arresting baritone might be the last thing you need
- Voice clarity is must
- Understanding what you are projecting or selling
- Be good at the language you choose
- Having fun while you work is extremely important
- A style that conquers
How do I get there?
There’s a one-word answer —audition. Auditions are a great leveller. They’ll make you decide whether you belong to this industry or not.